Acronyms, Abbreviations & Other Definitions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:22, 17 April 2008 by Max.Stroud (New page: ==Acronyms== =Acronyms with thier brief definitions are listed below. If there is more detailed information available or needed about a particular item, then there will be a link either ...)
=Acronyms with thier brief definitions are listed below. If there is more detailed information available or needed about a particular item, then there will be a link either from the acronym or form the real term to a page with that information.
- CG CareGuide , Allscripts term. A large set of templates created by Allscripts for Touchworks for common medical conditions including diseases, injuries and health maintenance.
- CIS Clinical Information System, industry word. Generic term used to describe the software programs designed to capture manage and analyze health care data.
- CPOE Computerized Physician Order Entry, industry term. The electronic entry by a physician of treatment instructions for patients under his or her care. These orders are communicated over a computer network to medical staff or departments responsible for fulfilling the order. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPOE
- CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
- EHR – Electronic Health Record, industry term. A patient’s medical record in a digital format. Owned and controlled by the provider.
- EMR – Electronic Medical Record, industry term. A patient’s medical record in a digital format.
- FTP – File Transfer Protocol, computer term. A network protocol for transferring files over the internet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ftp
- CPT4 - Current Procedural Terminology, 4th Edition, medical term. A standardized set of codes established by the American Medical Association to identify medical procedures performed and for billing purposes.
- HIPPA – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, legal and medical term. Relates to the legal act of 1996.
- HMP – Health Management Plan, Allscripts Term – this is a component of the Clinical Desktop within Touchworks. It is a workspace for reviewing current orders, meds, order reminders, alerts and results for active problems
- HTB – Horizontal Tool Bar the menu bar that appears horizontally across the screen.
- ICD9 -
- KB – Allscripts Knowledge Base, Allscripts term – the knowledge base is an online resource created by Allscripts as a resource tool to support Touchworks users.
- OCD – Orderable Concept Dictionary, Allscripts term –
- OID – Orderable Item Dictionary, Allscripts term –
- PACS – Picture Archiving and Communication System – used to exchange medical images over a network (X-rays, ultrasound etc.)
- PAT – Physician Administration tool
- PCP- Primary Care Provider
- PHR –Personal Health Record –owned and controlled by the patient
- RID – Resultable Item Dictionary
- RCD – Results Concept Dictionary
- ROI – Return on Investment
- SIG –
- SSMT – Starter Set Migration Tool – this is a tool used to move items from test to live
- TW – Touchworks
- TWPM – Touchworks Practice Management
- VPN –Virtual Private Network
- VTB – Vertical Tool Bar – The tool Bar that runs up and down the screen, usually on the left hand side