Adding an external website link into Allscripts TouchWorks
To add a website link, so that the web page can be opened in TWEHR, please follow the steps provided in the video below.
- Login as TWAdmin
- Navigate to Admin Workspace, Click on Documents and select the New option.
- Select Centricity Framework as the product and Touchworks as the application.
- Enter the name of the website in the Caption and the ID section.
- Select the Type as Workspace page.
- Enter the Website URL in the URL section, click save and the Document will be created.
- Navigate to Menus and click Edit.
- Search and select the desired VTB/HTB where you want to place the link. Example- Tw_residentVTB, TW_providerchartHTB, TW_midlevelprovVTB etc.
- Click the Menu Items tab, hit add and then click on .....
- Enter the name of the website in the caption and search for the document that you have created in step 6
- Select the document and click save.
- Log off and Login
- Select the VTB/HTB where you have added the website link. Once you click on the website name, the website will open in TWEHR.
If you need the web page open in a new IE session after clicking on the menu item, please see the steps below:
- Login as TWAdmin and navigate to the Admin Workspace
- Click on Scripts and select the New tab
- Select Centricity Framework as the product and TouchWorks as the application
- Enter the ID and Caption eg: Test123
- Enter the Code in the following format: window.open(url of the webpage) eg: window.open("http://www.google.com")
- Use quotes around the url **
- Click Save. - In order to add the Script as a menu item, please follow steps 7 to 11 as mentioned earlier (Only difference being that you will be adding a script and not a document) - After you log out and log in, please click on the menu item and the web page will launched in a new IE session.