Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to TouchWorks V11 Dictionaries
The Allergy Category dictionary contains modifiers for allergies added in the EEHR. This is an enforced dictionary and cannot be changed.
- Adverse Reaction is a harmful or undesired effect resulting from a medication.
- Allergy is a hypersensitivity to a substance.
- Other is used when it does not fall under any other category.
- Suspect is an unconfirmed or suspicious allergy to a substance.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EEHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.