Allscripts Touchworks Hotfix Releases
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Checking Release Version and Hot Fix Numbers
- The version of TouchWorks that you are running can be found in two places.
- You can look on the login page at the horizontal bar in the center of the page. You'll see something like this: "TouchWorks 22.214.171.124". The number is the current version of TouchWorks. This does not include the current Hot Fix level.
- You can look at the VersionNumber table in the Works database.
SELECT * FROM Works..VersionNumber ORDER BY VersionNumber DESC
- This will give you a lot of information about all Versions of TouchWorks and their current build or release dates. You'll want to look for the current VersionNumber, e.g. 10.2.0 and look at the BuildNumber to give you the current version/build. Looking at this table can be very helpful if, say, you need to know the latest quarterly release of Medcin is installed.
Hot Fix level
- The Hot Fix level must be checked within the Works database, in the HotFix table.
- You need to filter by the current BuildNumber for the current version in the VersionNumber table.
- Let's say the client is on v11.1.x. You would see in the VersionNumber table that for VersionNumber of "11.0.0" the Build Number might be "126.96.36.199". In the HotFix table you would look for the entries where VersionNumber is "188.8.131.52" (yes, even though that's called BuildNumber in the VersionNumber table).
- Here's an example query:
SELECT * FROM Works..HotFix WHERE VersionNumber = '184.108.40.206' ORDER BY Number DESC
|10_2_3HF10||Release X||Notes X|
|10_2_3HF11||Release Y||Notes Y|