Before you begin, you must install the cluster and SQL server properly and ensure they are working normally on each node. You must also set the "Lock Pages in Memory" setting for the service account you are using for SQL.
- Install ConnectR 4.6 following the above steps onto each node.
- The ServerDefinition table should be configured to use the SQL cluster name.
- Roll the cluster groups onto the active node you are installing into.
- Ensure it is working properly on each node.
- To cluster, set the IDXConnectR service to start manually on each node.
- Open the cluster administrator and create the following resource in the SQL Group.
- This must be in the same cluster group as the network name that is being used. This should be the SQL Server instance name.
- This service must be brought online and offline using cluster administrator. It will give you an error if you do it in the application or via the local services control page on each node.
- Set up and cluster the IDXConnectR service resource:
Type: Generic Service Dependency: SQL Server, SQL IP Address, SQL Network Name Service Name: IDXConnectR System Service4.0 Parameters: Check the box to Use Network Name as computer name Registry Options: No Registry Copying, just click finish
Registry settings that have to exist for System Service to fail over correctly on a cluster:
- System Service Config (Front End) has to be saved on both nodes to save DSN, username and password to registry on each node. These 3 values should match on both nodes. You should also verify the DSN is set up correctly as well.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDXConnectR System Service4.0\Parameters\Datasource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDXConnectR System Service4.0\Parameters\Password HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDXConnectR System Service4.0\Parameters\Username
- This value should also exist for a cluster:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDXConnectR System Service4.0\Environment
- If the above value does not exist, create it as a new multi-string value. The format of the value is shown below:
COMPUTERNAME=SQLCLUSTERNAME _CLUSTER_NETWORK_FQDN_=SQLCLUSTERNAME.DOMAIN _CLUSTER_NETWORK_HOSTNAME_=SQLCLUSTERNAME _CLUSTER_NETWORK_NAME_=SQLCLUSTERNAME
- If the ConnectR server does not have SQL running, you need to disable that dependence.
- On both nodes open the registry.
- Add the value.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IDXConnectR System Service4.0\Parameters\NoDependencyFlag DWORD value = 1.
Symptoms: Interfaces will not start.
Cause: If the Connectr server is part of a cluster, and it does not have sql you must remove the dependency on sql
Resolution: Registry settings that have to exist for System Service to fail over correctly on a cluster. See above.