ConnectR Individual Log-ins
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:09, 1 May 2012 by Joe.Nyiri (Created page with "==ConnectR Steps== #Log into ConnectR using idxadmin. #Click Admin on the left. #Click User Profile. #In the User Name drop-down, ensure the user you want to create does not alre...")
- Log into ConnectR using idxadmin.
- Click Admin on the left.
- Click User Profile.
- In the User Name drop-down, ensure the user you want to create does not already exist.
- If they do, then troubleshoot the reason why they cannot log in.
- Click File -> New. The New User Dialog will appear.
- Enter the desired username. Click OK.
- Click Yes to copy from an existing definition.
- Select the user you want to copy from in the drop-down box that appears. Click OK.
- Click Save to save the new user.
- Log out of ConnectR.
- Log in to SQL server management studio on the ConnectR server as an administrator
- Expand Security.
- Expand Logins.
- Ensure the desired user does not already have a username.
- If they do, skip to step
- Right-click Logins and select New login…
- Enter the desired username.
- Select SQL Server authentication and input the password twice.
- Uncheck enforce password policy.
- Change the default database to ConnectR.
- On the User Mapping page, ensure the Map box is checked for ConnectR and master.
- Ensure both ConnectR and master have default schema set to dbo.
- Under ConnectR, ensure ConnectR_User, db_owner, and public are checked.
- Under master, ensure db_owner and public are checked.
- Open ConnectR using the new user and verify access.