The document type dictionary is one of the most used dictionaries in Enterprise EHR. It is where an admin user can create all types of notes (documents, v10, v11, scanned documents, etc). Note properties can also be established from this dictionary.
Here are definitions of all possible settings contained within the document type dictionary:
- Required Finalization Authority - This is a drop-down that indicates the level of authority that is required to finalize the document.
- Required Owner Authority - This is a drop-down that indicates the level of authority that is required to be an owner of the document.
- Workflow - This is a drop-down that determines if a document is to be verified or not. This setting should not be changed once set initially.
Electronic Signature (ES) = Documents are signed or authenticated using a unique identifier specific to the user in Enterprise, rather than a pen. This is done with the user authentication occurring through re-entry of a user password or biometric authentication.
Electronic Verification (EV) = An alternative form of authenticating documents within Enterprise without using a pen. EV is used to verify that a user has reviewed a document but is not responsible for the accuracy of its content.
Non Electronic (NONEW) = No form of electronic authentication needed, or possible since signature or verification is done outside the Enterprise EHR system by printing the document and signing using a pen.
- Manifestation - Defines the type of document.
FRM = Admin Form
HTML = v10 Structured Note
NOTEFORM = v11 Structured Notes
RTF = Unstructured Document
RTFXML = Used only for Clinical Exchange Documents (CED)
TIF = Scanned Documents
- Difficulty Factor - Used to indicate the level of difficulty (due to accent, subject matter, or workflow) that is associated with transcribing this document type. This is useful in Line Count reports for transcriptionists. It must be set to a value from 1.0 to 9.9; default is 1.0.
- Security Codes - Used to view or assign security codes to the document type. Delivered codes are Doc Change and Doc Change Shared. Additional codes can be manually created in Security Admin.
- Display Note Icon on Schedule - This should be clicked for documents that will be created relating to visits. Scanned documents usually are not checked but HTML, NOTEFORM, and RTF usually would be.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Note Properties - The Note properties determines the where the Notes are found.
- Is Clinical Summary - Applies to v10 and v11 Note and allows a note output to be considered as a clinical summary
- For more information on Clinical Summaries, refer to our Patient Summaries page