Extract and Load via SSMT
The SSMT tool is an Allscripts provided tool that allows clinics to extract and load data into their TouchWorks system. This tool should be used by a person that understands how to use it and you should be sure to follow the Allscripts documented process when utilizing the tool.
Warning: Ensure that you complete a database SQL Backup prior to loading any data through SSMT. The tool is pretty robust, but human error or progam bugs could create a mess. Completing a backup first takes only a few minutes and can save hours of time if something does happen.
Below are a list of some common spreadsheets with their description. Select the Spreadsheet name for a more indepth description.
- SSMT: Users / Providers - This is the spreadsheet you use to load and manger user and provider accounts.
- SSMT: RID - Resultable Item Dictionary - This is the spreadsheet that allows you to load the result definitions from your various lab vendors.
- SSMT: OID - Orderable Item Dictionary - This spreadsheet allows you to load you Order Level items for your various vendors.
- SSMT: Order Performing Facility Identifiers - This spreadsheet is where you synchronize multiple vendors.
- SSMT: OID - Order Defaults - Req Perf Location / Site - This is the spreadsheet that allows you to set defaults on a Site or Requested Performing Location level. This can set various default behaviors such as charge behavior, order detail, and much, much more.
- SSMT: OID - Order Defaults - Insurance/PatientLocation/Site - This allows you to specify orderable behavior on the insurance, patient location, or site level. It is used to set defaults such as the Default Requested Performing Location, Requested Performing Location Picklist, Internal/External Required behavior, Referred to Vendor Org required behavior, Referred to Location Site Required behavior, and Referred to Provider Required behaviopr.
- SSMT: Charge Codes - This spreadsheet is where you would load or edit Charge Codes within TouchWorks
- SSMT: Document Type - This is the spreadsheet that allows you to upload or edit documents within TouchWorks
The SSMT tool returns various error messages. Here is a page dedicated to SSMT Error Messages