SSMT: Document Type
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The document type spreadsheet allows you to load or edit document types in TouchWorks via the SSMT tool. The column desciptions are below and are based on 11.0.1
- Document Code - this is the entrycode of the document. If this is an interfaced document, this should be a value that your transcription vendor is sending so it'll match in the interface. If not interfaced, this can be any value you'd like.
Limitations: 10 characters Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.EntryCode
- Document Name - This is the Display Name of the document that will be seen in ChartViewer.
Limitations: 255 Characters Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.EntryName
- EntryMnemonic - This is the EntryMnemonic or the document. Typically the same value as the code, but can be used as a secondary identifier.
Limitations: 10 characters Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.EntryMnemonic
- Signature Authority - This is the required signature authority for a document type to be finalized. This is the EntryName of the Signature Authority Dictionary (Works.dbo.Signature_Authority_DE) and is a value of 0 - 10. When setting this value ensure that you leave room for adjustment in the future, meaning don't use 10 or 1 initially unless absolutely necessary.
Limitations: 0 - 10 Must be equivalent to an EntryName in Signature Authority dictionary Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.ReqSignatureAuthority_DE Gets translated to the Dictionary ID
- Prompt for Signature FLAG - This is the field that tells the system if it should prompt for further signature. This will only occur if the user does not have the finalization authority to complete the note. This is typically used in a Resident scenario when it does need to be signed by a supervising physician. It can also be used in the case of a Nurse or Medical Assistant doing a "nurse" note that needs to be reviewed and signed off by the primary provider.
Limitations: 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.PromptForSigFLAG
- Document Content - This is asking for the Manifestation of the document or the type of document.
Limitations: Must be one of the following entries: HTML - V10 Structured Note FRM - Form for Forms MD NOTEFORM - V11 Structured Note RTF - Unstructured Document, Interfaced documents RTFXML - For use with CCR (either imported or exported) TIF - Scanned Image for ImpactMD Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.DefaultPhysicalManifestationDE - This is translated to the dictionary ID
- Workflow - This is the workflow value set for the document type. Electronic Signature means that it'll create a Sign Note Task when interfaced if the owner is setup as an electronic workflow user and it will be in an editable status. Electronic Verification means that a Verify Note task will be created if the owner is an electronic user and it will be in an editable status. Non Electronic means that no task will be created and the document will be interfaced in a "Final-Receipt" status and will be in an uneditable state.
Limitations - Must be one of the following Values: ES - Electronic Signature EV - Electronic Verification NONEW - Non Electronic Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.WorkFlowTypeDE - This is translated to the dictionary ID
- Create Task on Amendment FLAG - This specifies whether a task will be created or not if a finalized document has been amended. If set to 'Y' the owner of the document will receive a sign note task. If set to 'N' the owner will not be tasked.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.CreateTaskOnAmendFLAG
- Difficulty Factor - This values is typically only utilized with the Transcribe module of TouchWorks. It specifies a difficulty factor for compensation purposes for the transcriptionists.
Limitations - Numeric value that can be two characters long including one decimal place, or 1.0 - 9.9 Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.DifficultyFactor
- Display Note Icon on Schedule FLAG - this specifies whether a note icon will appear on the schedule when a document of this type is created for an appointment encounter.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.DisplayNoteIconOnSchedFLAG
- Include In Unsigned - this specifies if the document will participate in the Unisgned Note report provided with the system.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' char(1) Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.IncludeInUnsigned
- AutoCCFlag - This speciefies whether the document type will be automatically CC'd or not.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.AutoCCFLAG
- eReplyFLAG - This determines whether the document type can be used for an eReply to a patient. This is only used with iHealth integration.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.eReplyFLAG
- Prompt for Sig Override FLAG - This specifies whether you want to allow a user to override the signature authority of the document. If set to 'Y' the user would have the ability to override the signature authority and finalize the document.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.PromptforSigOverrideFLAG
- Is Scan Result FLAG - this is to specify if the scanned document type is a result or not. If set to 'Y' it will appear in ChartViewer with a beaker icon similiar to typical results.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.IsScanResultFLAG
- Is Letter FLAG - This is for v10 Note only. This specifies whether a document is a letter and allows a user to create a note with salutaions and closings.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.IsLetterFLAG
- Create Referring Provider Notification Task FLAG - This allows you to specify whether a task should be created to notify the referring provider. If set to 'Y' a delegated task assigned to the Note Owner is created stating that the referring provider should be notified.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.CreateReferringProviderNotificationTaskFLAG
- Create Patient Notification Task FLAG - This allows you to specify whether a task should be created to notify the Patient. If set to 'Y' a delegated task assigned to the Note Owner is created stating that the Patient should be notified.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.CreatePatientNotificationTaskFLAG
- Create Review Covered Note Task on Finalization FLAG - This specifies whether a task should be created for the scheduled provider if a covering physician creates a note for their appointment. If set to 'Y' a task would be created and assigned to the scheduled provider once the covering physician finalized the note.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.CreateReviewCoveredNoteTaskonFinalizationFLAG
- Amend On Annotation FLAG - This specifies whether the status of a document should be changed to "Amended" if an annotation is added.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.AmendOnAnnotationFLAG
- Amend on Encounter FLAG - This specifies whether the status of a document should be changed to "Amended" if the encounter tied to the document is changed.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.AmendOnEncounterChangeFLAG
- Amend on CC Added FLAG - This specifies whether the status of a document should be changed to "Amended" if a Carbon Copy (CC) recipient is added to the note.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.AmendOnCCAddedFLAG
- Amend on Note Owner Change FLAG - This specifies whether the status of a document should be changed to "Amended" if the owner of the document is changed.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.AmendOnNoteOwnerChangeFLAG
- Note Visibility - This specifies when the document is viewable within the system. Options are upon saving, initial signing, and upon finalization.
Limitations - Finalization, Initial Signing, Saving Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.NoteVisibilityDE - This is translated to the Dictionary ID
- Document Type Parent ID - This is the ID of the Parent Document Type. This is specified for documents that are Sub Types of a Parent Document Type. This is typically specified in the product and used to copy from test to live. The Parent document needs to exist for it to file.
Limitations - Dictionary ID of parent document Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.DocumentTypeParentID
- IsInactiveFLAG - This determines if the document type is active or not.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' Bool Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.IsInactiveFLAG
- Owner Authority - This determines the level of ownership authority needed to own the document type. Enter the EntryName from the Ownership Authority dictionary, usually 1-10.
Limiations - needs to be a valid entry in the Ownership Authroity dictionary, 1-10 Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.OwnerAuthorityDE - Gets translated to the Dictionary ID
- Display Name - Allows you to specify the display name of the document.
Limitations - 255 characters Storage: Works.dbo.Document_Type_DE.DisplayName
- Create? - Allows you to specify whether you are creating or updating an entry. If 'Y' it will attmept to insert a record, if 'N' it'll attempt to update an existing entry. If an entry exists when inserting, it'll error. If attempting to update and no entry is found, it'll let you know.
Limitations - 'Y' or 'N' defaults to 'N' if not supplied.
Extract Data: IMPGetDocumentType
Import Data: IMPSetDocumentType