SSMT: OID - Order Defaults - Req Perf Location
This page explains the use of the OID - Order Defaults - Insurance/PatientLocation/Site spreadsheet within SSMT. This spreadsheet allows you to specify orderable behavior on the insurance, patient location, or site level. It is used to set defaults such as the Default Requested Performing Location, Requested Performing Location Picklist, Internal/External Required behavior, Referred to Vendor Org required behavior, Referred to Location Site required behavior, and Referred to Provider required behavior.
If your organization does not have a relationship between an orderable behavior and insurance, patient location, or site, the pertinent columns can be left empty. For example, if an orderable default performing location is only being driven by the site it is ordered from, patient location and insurance columns are left blank when loading the sheet via SSMT.
Stored Procedures used:
- Extracting data: ImpGetOrderDefaults_Ins_PatLoc_Site
- Loading data: ImpSetOrderDefaults_Ins_PatLoc_Site
Preventing the default performing location from being overwritten
This SSMT load is the primary location of the enterprise/system default performing location, especially in the case that an item has multiple default locations dependent on site, location, or insurance. There is an issue, as of 11.1.6, with the new sequencing (10000,5001,5002,etc) that results in other SSMTs pulling the 5001 row, rather than the true Item default performing location. Loads that have the Default Performing Location column, like 'OID - Orderable Item', 'OrderResults-v11', will extract the row with sequence value 5001 from the Ins/Pt Loc/Site table as this is the first row it comes to when pulling the value. The new sequence is reversed order as previously the item's enterprise default was sequence 1. If an SSMT load is loaded with an incorrect default perform location, it will overwrite the current value. The best way to work around this is to extract the Order Defaults - Insurance/Patient Location/Site prior to loading anything. This will preserve the correct default values and after the other loads are submitted, the insurance/patient location/site SSMT can be loaded to reestablish the correct defaults.
To see further explanation about building your order or results dictionaries please refer to V11 Order and Result Dictionary Build and Synchronization.
Using the spreadsheet Part 1
This spreadsheet has the concept of sequence which requires a little understanding. If you extract the SSMT spreadsheet you will notice that every orderable item exists with a sequence number of 1. This level cannot be edited. If you decide to add an entry to define a default, you must begin with sequence 2 (assuming it doesn't exist all ready). You would fill out the spreadsheet with the information needed to specify your desired behavior. This should be loaded as sequence 2. Once the sequence 2 level is defined, you can add more defaults for the same orderable item by increasing the sequence number for each default necessary.
Once you are done adding the levels of defaults, you must add another entry. I'm still trying to determine why this is exactly, but it requires you to load a top level with essentially no information. The best method to use is to copy the sequence 1 level and change the sequence number to be one higher than the highest default you added. If you only added a sequence 2 level, you would enter this final entry as sequence 3. Please see the example below, which illustrates how to add a chargeable default for a specific site.
Using the spreadsheet Part 2 - with the SSMT version release after 1/27/2009
New functionality simplifies the 'SEQUENCE' column. By simply populating the field with '0' (zero), SSMT will automatically generate the proper SEQUENCE value as it's loading.
- Current Automated Sequence values when Sequence set to 0. As of this SSMT release, the values available for auto-sequencing of defaults in this category were expanded.
- Sequence values became 1000, 10000, 20000, 25000, 29000, 31000, 31500, and the master default is 32000.
- Depending on what determining factor(s) are applied, the sequence values fall in the ranges as observed in this screenshot.
NOTE: When you first extract this information you will notice you have a master item defined for each item. This Master item will have a Sequence Number of '1'. In order for this to work properly, you MUST reload the Master Item with a Sequence setting of zero (0). You can do this when you load your custom items, or afterwards, however until it's done your mappings will not work. You will notice the next time you extract it, you will see that the master items Sequence number is now 32000.
Column Listing and Descriptions
The OID columns and descriptions for TW 11.0.1 (validated for 11.1.5 on 3/31/09 - primary change is in SEQUENCE column) are as follows:
- Order Code - This is used for matching purposes. When you extract the list it will have this value populated. This entry must exist in your OID dictionary for it to load properly.
- Order Item - This is the name of the orderable item and is used for matching purposes. This will be populated when you extract the data from this SSMT table. This entry must exist in your OID dictionary for it to load properly.
- Sequence - This is the sequence number of the entry you are working with. You cannot edit sequence 1. Please see the explanation above for further understanding of this field. ** If working with SSMT released after 1/27/2009, populate this field with 0 (see section above).
- Insurance Class - This field allows you to specify defaults at the insurance level to drive a certain default performing location. If that is your desired behavior, you would set this field to the Insurance Class name. Entry must be exact spelling of entry in the Insurance Dictionary.
- Patient Location - This field allows you to specify defaults at the Patient Location level. If that is your desired behavior, you would set this field to the name of the Patient Location for that dictionary. To find the options in SSMT, the category that pulls the Patient Location Dictionary is called "Site Location".
- Site - This field allows you to specify defaults for where a test may be ordered at the site level. If that is your desired behavior, you would set this field to the name of the Site. Entry must be exact spelling of entry in the Site Dictionary. The SSMT category is "Sites".
- Def Request Performing Location - This is where you would specify the Default Requested Performing Location for the orderable item. This would need to be the name of the Requested Performing Location. If set it would preselect the Requested Performing Location for the user. Entry must be exact spelling of entry in the Requested Performing Dictionary.
- DefReqPerfLocationDEOverrideFLAG - This determines whether the user can change the Requested Performing Location. If set to Y, it would allow the user to select another Requested Performing Location from the available options.
- ReqPerfLocationPickList - This allows you to define a picklist for the Requested Performing Location entry. Once you have created a picklist in the Requested Performing Location dictionary, you would set this column to the name of the picklist. This is used to limit the available options for the user. Entry must be exact spelling of the Requested Performing Picklist.
- InternalExternalReqFLAG - This specifies whether the Internal/External flag is required for the orderable item.
- ReferredtoVendorOrgReqFLAG - This specifies whether the Referred to Vendor Org is required or not.
- ReferredtoLocationSiteReqFLAG - This specifies whether the Referred to Location Site is required or not.
- ReferredtoProviderReqFLAG - This specifies whether the referred to provider is required or not.
- ApplyBelow - This allows you to apply the desired behavior to any child orders to the orderable items that you are loading defaults for. This is typically done for larger sections such as chemistry and can reduce the amount of defaults you need to load. For individual orders, set to N.
back to SSMT main page
Return to V10 to V11.2 Build Workbook (BW)