SSMT: OID - Order Defaults - Req Perf Location
This page explains the use of the OID - Order Defaults - Requested Performing Location spreadsheet within SSMT. This category is most commonly used to set the Appointment Status for an orderable item to Appointment Needed or Appointment Not Needed based on the performing location. In the extracted data, set the ScheduleAppoINTmentFLAG to Y to set the status to Appointment Needed. When the Appointment Status for an order is set to Appointment Needed, a Schedule Appointment task is created. Set the ScheduleAppoINTmentFLAG to N to set the status to Appointment Not Needed. If you do not enter a value, the value defaults to Appointment Not Needed. In Allscripts Enterprise EHR™, this default value is displayed in the Appointment Status box on the Order Entry tab of the Order Details page. The appointment status can be changed on individual orders as needed.
Using the spreadsheet Part 1
This spreadsheet has the concept of sequence which requires a little understanding. If you extract the SSMT spreadsheet you will notice that every orderable item exists with a sequence number of 1. This level cannot be edited. If you decide to add an entry to define a default, you must begin with sequence 2 (assuming it doesn't exist all ready). You would fill out the spreadsheet with the information needed to specify your desired behavior. This should be loaded as sequence 2. Once the sequence 2 level is defined, you can add more defaults for the same orderable item by increasing the sequence number for each default necessary.
Once you are done adding the levels of defaults, you must add another entry. I'm still trying to determine why this is exactly, but it requires you to load a top level with essentially no information. The best method to use is to copy the sequence 1 level and change the sequence number to be one higher than the highest default you added. If you only added a sequence 2 level, you would enter this final entry as sequence 3. Please see the example below, which illustrates how to add a chargeable default for a specific site.
Using the spreadsheet Part 2 - with the SSMT version release after 1/27/2009
New functionality simplifies the 'SEQUENCE' column. By simply populating the field with '0' (zero), SSMT will automatically generate the proper SEQUENCE value as it's loading.
- Current Automated Sequence values when Sequence set to 0. As of this SSMT release, the values available for auto-sequencing of defaults in this category were expanded.
- Sequence values became 1000, 10000, 20000, 25000, 29000, 31000, 31500, and the master default is 32000.
- Depending on what determining factor(s) are applied, the sequence values fall in the ranges as observed in this screenshot.
NOTE: When you first extract this information you will notice you have a master item defined for each item. This Master item will have a Sequence Number of '1'. In order for this to work properly, you MUST reload the Master Item with a Sequence setting of zero (0). You can do this when you load your custom items, or afterwards, however until it's done your mappings will not work. You will notice the next time you extract it, you will see that the master items Sequence number is now 32000.
Column Listing and Descriptions
The OID columns and descriptions for TW 11.0.1 (validated for 11.1.5 on 3/31/09 - primary change is in SEQUENCE column) are as follows:
- Order Code - This is used for matching purposes. When you extract the list it will have this value populated. This entry must exist in your OID dictionary for it to load properly.
- Order Item - This is the name of the orderable item and is used for matching purposes. This will be populated when you extract the data from this SSMT table. This entry must exist in your OID dictionary for it to load properly.
- Sequence - This is the sequence number of the entry you are working with. You cannot edit sequence 1. Please see the explanation above for further understanding of this field. ** If working with SSMT released after 1/27/2009, populate this field with 0 (see section above).
- Insurance Class - This field allows you to specify defaults at the insurance level to drive a certain default performing location. If that is your desired behavior, you would set this field to the Insurance Class name. Entry must be exact spelling of entry in the Insurance Dictionary.
- Patient Location - This field allows you to specify defaults at the Patient Location level. If that is your desired behavior, you would set this field to the name of the Patient Location for that dictionary. To find the options in SSMT, the category that pulls the Patient Location Dictionary is called "Site Location".
- Site - This field allows you to specify defaults for where a test may be ordered at the site level. If that is your desired behavior, you would set this field to the name of the Site. Entry must be exact spelling of entry in the Site Dictionary. The SSMT category is "Sites".
- Def Request Performing Location - This is where you would specify the Default Requested Performing Location for the orderable item. This would need to be the name of the Requested Performing Location. If set it would preselect the Requested Performing Location for the user. Entry must be exact spelling of entry in the Requested Performing Dictionary.
- DefReqPerfLocationDEOverrideFLAG - This determines whether the user can change the Requested Performing Location. If set to Y, it would allow the user to select another Requested Performing Location from the available options.
- ReqPerfLocationPickList - This allows you to define a picklist for the Requested Performing Location entry. Once you have created a picklist in the Requested Performing Location dictionary, you would set this column to the name of the picklist. This is used to limit the available options for the user. Entry must be exact spelling of the Requested Performing Picklist.
- InternalExternalReqFLAG - This specifies whether the Internal/External flag is required for the orderable item.
- ReferredtoVendorOrgReqFLAG - This specifies whether the Referred to Vendor Org is required or not.
- ReferredtoLocationSiteReqFLAG - This specifies whether the Referred to Location Site is required or not.
- ReferredtoProviderReqFLAG - This specifies whether the referred to provider is required or not.
- ApplyBelow - This allows you to apply the desired behavior to any child orders to the orderable items that you are loading defaults for. This is typically done for larger sections such as chemistry and can reduce the amount of defaults you need to load. For individual orders, set to N.
back to SSMT main page
Return to V10 to V11.2 Build Workbook (BW)
__________BELOW FROM INTERNAL WIKI__________
Order Performing Location Defaults From Galen Healthcare Solutions: Internal Wiki Jump to: navigation, search Contents [hide] 1 Description 2 Considerations 3 Configuration 3.1 Configuring Requested Performing Location Picklists 3.2 Linking the Picklists to Orderable Items
 Description Organizations that use multiple locations to perform orders must configure the Performing Location Defaults. This can be accomplished via SSMT, or manually within the Requested Performing Location (RPL) dictionary.
 Considerations Building the requested performing locations and associated defaults is typically done by a member of the organization who is familiar with all of the performing locations and how they are used.
Before you begin, the following should be accomplished:
The Order Item dictionary should be loaded and synchronized. The Resultable Item dictionary should be loaded and synchronized. Create a list of all locations where orders are performed. This needs to be all inclusive. For example: LabCorp, Quest, In House, In House Radiology, In House Diagnostics, etc. Create a list of parent classifications for all of the locations for the picklists. For example: a typical list can contain Laboratory, Radiology, Procedures, etc. This is helpful to do for planning to configure the picklists for requested performing locations. For example: you can have a Laboratory picklist to which you would link all of the requested performing locations that perform laboratory orders. You could also have a Radiology picklist with all of the vendors (or in house locations) that perform radiology orders. Requested Performing Location picklists filter the lists for providers when they are creating certain orders. Note: Some larger organizations have multiple performing locations that perform many but not all of the same tests. For example: an organization has seven performing locations that perform laboratory tests, however only five of the seven perform Glucose tests. This organization can create a Laboratory Glucose picklist that contains only the five locations that perform the Glucose test. This picklist would be linked to the Glucose orderable item. This makes it easier for ordering providers when ordering Glucose tests as they do not have to remember which of the five vendors performs this test.
 Configuration To build and configure requested performing locations, do the following:
1.Log on using the TWAdmin username and password. 2.Navigate to the Dictionaries page, and then select the Requested Performing Location dictionary. 3.Configure the Detail panels as appropriate for each requested performing location.
 Configuring Requested Performing Location Picklists Requested Performing Location picklists allow organizations to filter the appropriate locations for orderable items. To configure requested performing location picklists, you need to build the picklists according to performing location and the type of tests that are performed at that location. Then the appropriate picklist is attached to the orderable items.
Building the picklist: After you have built (or loaded from SSMT) the performing locations, you can build the necessary picklists. In this scenario, we will build a picklist for Radiology orders:
1.On the Requested Performing Location Dictionary page, click Picklist. The system displays the Requested Performing Location Picklist page.
2.On the Requested Performing Location Picklist page, click Add Picklist. The system displays the Add/Edit Node page. 3.Enter a name for the picklist. In this scenario, we would enter Radiology.
4.Click OK. Radiology displays in the Requested Performing Location list on the left of the page. 5.Select the Radiology picklist, and then click Add Entry. The system displays the Add Entries page with the available performing locations.
6.On the Add Entries page, search for and select all of the appropriate performing locations for the picklist. Select the appropriate picklists from the list on the left, and then click Add. 7.Click OK. Repeat these steps for each picklist.
 Linking the Picklists to Orderable Items After the picklists are built, they need to be linked to the appropriate orderable items. This is accomplished via the Requested Performing Pick List via SSMT. The category is OID-Order Defaults- Insurance/Patient Location/ Site – SSMT Field within that category is Requested Performing Location Pick List.
Retrieved from "http://internal-wiki.galenhealthcare.com/Order_Performing_Location_Defaults"Views PageDiscussionEditHistoryMoveWatchPersonal tools Elise.BraultMy talkMy preferencesMy watchlistMy contributionsLog outNavigation Main page Community portal Current events Recent changes Random page Help Search