SSMT: Users / Providers
The User / Provider spreadsheet is used with the SSMT tool to load and manager user accounts in the TouchWorks application. This is based on version 11.0.1.
Column Listing and description
- Title - It allows you to store the persons title. This is optional, but can hold titles such as Dr., Mrs., Mr.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person_Other.TitleName Data Type: VarChar(20) Possible Values: Free Text
- User_Provider - This allows you to specify the type of user you want to create. User means that you are creating a standard user account. User/Provider means that you are creating a User that is also a provider. This is typically defined as any user that is scheduable or billable. Provider allows you to establish a provider account that will not need to log into the system. This is typically a non-human resource such as a Lab Schedule.
Possible Values - User, User/Provider, Provider
- LastName - This is where you would specify the provider or users last name.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person.LastName, IDXwf.dbo.Users.Name (combined with firstname and middle) Data Type: VarChar(35) Possible Values: Free Text
- FirstName - This is where you would specify the provider or users first name.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person.FirstName, IDXwf.dbo.Users.Name (combined with lastname and middle) Data Type: VarChar(18) Possible Values: Free Text
- Middle - This is where you would specify the provider or users middle name or initial.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person.MiddleName, IDXwf.dbo.Users.Name (combined with lastname and firstname) Data Type: VarChar(18) Possible Values: Free Text
- OrgName - This value should be the name of the Organization that your user or provider belongs to. In most cases, the system is setup as a single org system, so all Org Names will be the same. This value is being translated to the internal Organization ID.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.IDX_User.PrimaryIntOrgID (ID that is gathered from translated Org Name) Data Type: VarChar(255) Possible Values: Free Text, but needs to match the Entry Name in the Organization Dictionary.
- Email - This is where you would specify the provider or users email address. If not added here, the user will be required to submit it upon their first login on the User Registration Screen.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person_Other.EmailAddress, IDXwf.dbo.Users.Email Data Type: VarChar(60) Possible Values: Free Text
- User_Inactive - This is a "Y/N" parameter that determines if the "Person" Entry is active or not. If set to 'Y', the Person entry is set to inactive. If set to 'N' the person entry will be Active. Basically, if you want the account to be usable, this should be 'Y'
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person.IsInactiveFLAG Data Type: Bool Possible Values: 'Y' or 'N'
- Provider_Inactive - This is a "Y/N" parameter that determines if the Provider, User, and Resource entries are active or not.
Only applicable to provider or user/provider account types Storage Location: Works.dbo.IDX_User.IsInactiveFLAG, Works.dbo.Resource_DE.IsInactiveFLAG, Works.dbo.Provider.IsInactiveFLAG Data Type: Bool Possible Values: 'Y' or 'N'
--need to figure out where the IDXwf flag is set.
- Username - This is the username or login for the account.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.IDX_User.Ausername, IDXwf.dbo.users.ID
- Password - This is the users password that will be set in the system. When extracted, this will be encrypted if the user has logged in.
Storage Location: IDXwf.dbo.Users.Password Data Type: VarChar(30) Possible Values: Free Text
- DefaultSiteName - This is the Site name the user is associated with in the system. If the name in this column does not match the system site exactly, you will receive the following error in SSMT "No site Record Found".
Storage Location: Works.dbo.User_Preference.TextString This is stored for the user in this table where the Section column is equal to 'SITE' The value is stored as text, but is equivalent to the ID in Site_DE Data Type: VarChar(255) Possible Values: Free Text but has to exist in the Site Dictionary
- Profession - This is the name from the Occupation dictionary that the user or provider needs to be assigned to. This value must exist prior to loading. The value is being translated to the internal ID for storage purposes.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.Person_Other.OccupationDE(ID that is gathered from translated Profession) Data Type: VarChar(255) Possible Values: Free Text, but needs to match the Entry Name in the Occupation Dictionary.
- EmployeeNumber - This is not used by TouchWorks, but can house informational data for a provider or user.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.IDX_User.EmployeeNumber Data Type: VarChar(20) Possible Values: Free Text
- OwnershipAuthority - This specifies the level of ownership authority that a user or provider would have for notes or documents. If for example, this were set to Level 7, the user or provider would be able to own a document or note that has a level of 7 or lower. This entryname value is translated to the ID from Signature_Authority_DE.
Storage Location: Works.dbo.User_Signature_Authority.SignatureAuthorityDE Data Type: VarChar(255) Possible Values: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5, Level 6, Level 7, Level 8, Level 9, Level 10
- Force_PW_Change - This specified whether the user will be forced to change their password upon login or not. In most cases you would want to set this to 'Y' the first time you create users so they are forced to establish their own password. If set to 'N', it will not force them to change their password.
Storage Location: Master.dbo.IDX_Login.ForcePasswordChangeFLAG Data Type: Bool Possible Values: 'Y' or 'N'
- PHB - This specifies whether a provider or user should have access to Physician Homebase (PHB).
Storage Location: IDXwf.dbo.UserRight - This adds a row with the rightproductid = 'Works' and rightapplicationid = 0 and rightid = 'HomeBaseUser' if set to 'Y'. Data Type: Bool Possible Values: 'Y' or 'N'
- System - This is the Framework system that the user is going to be assigned to.
Storage Location: IDXwf.dbo.Users.DefaultSystemID Data Type: VarChar(255) Possible Values: Free Text, but the system must exist in the Framework.
- Reg_System - This is the Registration System that the user is tied to. This is typically the System ID and the type of scheduling product in use. This is found easiest by extracting data first and reviewing the current entries. An example of what it looks like is <System ID>^IDXM, or <System ID>^GPMS, or <System ID>^Other. This value is used to determine the organization ID that the provider or user belongs to.
Data Type: VarChar(80) Possible Values: Free Text, but the value must exist in Reg_System_Map
Framework_DB Finalization Authority Electronic_Workflow Provider_Code Provider_Mnemonic CME_Pilot_Number VOrdering_Authority Credentials PrimSpecialty SecSpecialty DEA_Number DEA_Exp_Date Billing_Provider Scheduling_Provider Secure_Schedule PCP DontGenerate_SendChargeTasks Show_Optional_Clinical_Msgs DEA_II DEA_III DEA_IV DEA_V RX_Supervision StateLicense1 LicenseNumber1 LicExpDate1 StateLicense2 LicenseNumber2 LicExpDate2 StateLicense3 LicenseNumber3 LicExpDate3 Outbound_Dictate_ID RecordingFormat Transcribe Difficulty AlternateLicense UPIN Def CC Method NPI WorkPlace Def Clinical Desktop View IDXMLogin IDXMPassword Practice_Department PaIPreferredCommMethod
C = Create New Entry ie To upgrade an existing User or Provider to User/Provider Y = To Link an Existing User to existing Provider N = Make Updates to Entry.