Back to TouchWorks V11 Dictionaries
The Specialty dictionary contains the names of all of the Specialties with in your organization.Example: Cardiology, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics. These specialties can be assigned to providers to drive things such as favorites. In version 11 clinical Content, such as Flowsheets, is available by specialty and can be loaded with SSMT.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.