Back to: TouchWorks V11 Dictionaries
The Task Name dictionary is used to indicate the name assigned to a task. Names are used to track tasks within TouchWorks. This dictionary contains some enforced entries.
This dictionary is called from the New Task window in all parts the system. For example, new tasks can be created from Encounter Form, Schedule, Mail, Orders, Tasks, Patient Lists, Call Processing, Note, and Results. The system also generates tasks automatically via interface functionality.
Marking a task name as Inactive will make it unavailable for selection during task creation and prevent it from being generated it it is a system generated task. Deactivating task names does not affect tasks that have already been created in TouchWorks.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
FAQ: Task Types
How does the Review Unresolved Transcription task work in v11.2?
Transcriptions do not display in Note (v11) when dictation markers are missing. Therefore TouchWorks has been changed to verify the dictation marker was intended for a v11 Note and to check for the dictation marker in the v11 Note instance. If the system cannot find the dictation marker, the transcription will be saved as an Unresolved Transcription (Unstructured) Document and a Review Unresolved Transcription Task will be generated to review the transcription text. This is a system-generated task that is completed by a user clicking the DONE button.
How does the Immunization Documentation task work?
The system creates this task when all of the immunization required fields needed to send an immunization to a registry have not been completed. In order for this task to work properly, the stimulus set must be installed and an immunization registry setup. The task is completed automatically by the system when the requirements for documenting the administration of an immunization have been completed. The required documentation consists of any required fields in the Administration Details section as well as any required questions in the Clinical Questions section of the Immunization Details Record Administration tab. The task is assigned to the ordering provider listed on the immunization.
Unlinked Patient is one of two tasks associated with the Initiate “unlink” functionality. When Allscripts Enterprise EHR™ receives an unlink message from Initiate for a patient, the application automatically creates an Unlinked Patient task in the provider’s Task List. The task is named “Unlinked Patient” and it serves as a notification to the provider to check the patient’s chart and clean it up. The task is a system-generated task that is completed by the user clicking the DONE button. It is assigned to the Med Records Team.
When Allscripts Enterprise EHR™ receives an unlink message from Initiate for a patient, the application automatically creates an Unlinked Patient Reminder task in the provider’s Task List. This task is created as inactive with a due date of two weeks in the future. It serves as a second notification to check the patient’s chart and clean up any data that has been added to the chart since the first notification. The task is system-generated and is completed by the user clicking the DONE button. It is auto-assigned to the Med Records Team.