V11 Note Webcast Series- Building Notes Basics
A review of the V11 note from the user perspective. We will also cover V11 note build including a review of the Document Type dictionary, Input and Output Templates, NoteForms, Text templates and assigning chart sections. In addition, there will be a brief discussion about problem driven notes versus chief complaint driven notes.
Originally aired: Friday, October 12, 2012 Presenters: Sue D'Agostino and Litisha Turner
Q. Can the parent/child grouping be used with unstructured notes as well as structured/V11 note?
A. Although the document type dictionary allows adding an unstructured note (rtf/tif) or structured note(html) to a parent type, it will not be available on the front end. The end user still needs to choose from the V10 or Unstructured option in the note selector.
Q. New Note is coming out next year, can you explain what is new and different than v11?
A. Some of the upcoming functionality with New Note includes:
• Combines best features from v10 and v11 Note
• Improved navigation and discrete data selection
• Dynamic section expansion
• Real-time what you see is what you get editing
• Free text flexibility
• Developed using Microsoft® Silverlight
• New content model
• Users will be able to create preferred defaults that remove or add configured defaults in Medical History, ROS, and PE sections
• Planning underway to allow clients to migrate selections from existing V10 and V11 Text Template library for use in Clinical Scenario Templates.
Q. Do you have to use CMT to move version 11 notes or can SSMT be used?
A. CMT is needed to move V11 Notes.
Q. Are there any problems with v11 notes and Dragon voice recognition?
A. As with any upgrade or hotfix, there can be problems with other functionality used with EEHR. Depending on the hotfix of your particular clinic, some problems may be more intense than others.
Q. What version Dragon MUST be used with v11 notes?
A. Dragon 10.1 we believe is the only supported version of Dragon. The key being what is supported, you may have success with earlier versions, but if you have issues, you will need to upgrade.
Q. You referenced text templates. Can those be configured into v11 notes?
A. Absolutely, and relatively easily. They work the same in V11 as they do in V10.
Q. Can you CMT notes out of production without affecting production. Also, is it appropriate to take them all at once?
A. Yes, however, as with anything that touches production, this type of thing should be done after hours. When using CMT, note templates should be moved in groups of 10-20.
Q. Do most orgs move all docs from v10 to v11 note or give them the option?
A. Most organizations prefer consistency and either in “phases” or “waves” move users from V10 to V11 Note. This helps enterprise wide from the end user standpoint, as well as for IT support of the system. Also, many orgs attempt to reproduce their V10 notes in V11 notes. Due to extensive V11 content and the increased functionality with V11, we would encourage you to review the delivered content, determine which functionality is most important to your org and then implement V11 based on that, rather than simply mimicking what was done in V10.
Q. What are the top 6 advantages of v11 note over v10 note?
A. V11 note has the following 6 advantages over V10 Note:
• Much more robust platform
• Flexibility in creating note templates
• Ability to create note forms to mimic paper forms with check boxes and so on
• Font size can be adjusted
• Ability to filter out data to separate note outputs
• Note templates AND noteforms can be specialty, age and gender specific