10 to 11.2 Order Filtering by Site
With 11.2.x comes the introduction and capability to configure orderable items to be available for search and selection in the ACI workspace based on the Site that the user or provider is logged into. This particular functionality applies to non-medication orderable items only.
- Organizations and Sites must already exist or be built
- Orderable items must already exist or be built
Applicaton Setup & Configuration
There are two primary setup steps to configure this functionality correctly:
- Y - will enable and apply order filtering by site
- N - will not enable and apply order filtering by site
- Blank - will not enable and apply order filtering by site
1. Set preference Enable Orderable Item selection by Site filtering.
Note: The standard precedence rules that apply in EHR apply to this new preference as well. If the preference is set to "Y" at the Enterprise level and NOT set at all at the Organization level it will not apply itself. Also if the preference is set to "Y" at the Enterprise level and set to "N" at the Organization level the Organization level will take precedence.
- Log into TWAdmin --> Preferences
- Set "Preference:" control to "Orders"
- Set "Ent/Org/User Settings" value to "Enterprise"
- Set the preference value at the Enterprise level to either "Y" or "N"
- Set "Ent/Org/User Settings" value to the Org for which the preference will be set
- Set the preference value at the Organization level to either "Y" or "N"
2. Associate the orderable item(s) directly to the Site for which they may be ordered under.
- Log into TWAdmin --> Dictionaries --> Orderable Item
- Search for and bring into context the Orderable Item that site filtering will be applied to
- Scroll down to the Order Mapping detail section/chevron (this detail section is new to 11.2.x)
- Click on the "Site Restrictions" hyperlink to bring up the "Assign Sites" dialog box
- If no sites are mapped to the orderable item in this detail section then that orderable item will remain available to order under all existing sites associated with the Org.
- Add sites to the Assigned Sites column that will be valid ordering locations for the orderable item; or remove sites from the Assigned Sites column that will not be valid ordering locations for the orderable item.
Appropriate SSMT Category: Order Site Mapping
Return to V10 to V11.2 Build Workbook (BW)