11.x to 11.2 Menu Conversion/Build
Adjusting menus for the 11.x to 11.2 in the upgrade requires the client to add three new VTBs. Note that these need to be added based on the current user roles within the system. Allscripts recommends that the menus remain the same as the existing ones within the current system. Since menus should be role based this step only requires adding the new menu items to the existing menus.
The three new menu items that need to be added that meet Meaningful Use Requirements are:
- Allscripts Referral Network (ARN)
- Stimulus Reporting Tool
- Stimulus Reporting Admin Tool.
Allscripts Referral Network
The ARN uses an Event Bus in order for Allscripts providers to send and receive referrals between EHRs. Any provider using the Allscripts EHR can send a referral to another provider using an Allscripts EHR.
1. Define which menus the ARN should be added to
Note: the ARN is designed for referring providers only and Allscripts recommends that ordering providers have this. However, discuss who is entering referrals in your clients’ current system and give those users the ARN tab.
2. From TWAdmin select the Admin VTB
3. Select menus
4. Select the correct menu you want to add this VTB to (i.e. twprovider_VTB)
5. Search for “ARCommunity”
- More information and screen shots on adding the ARN building: Buildwork Book Step: Adding ARN to the VTB
- More information on the ARN: Allscripts Referral Network
Stimulus Reporting Tool
The Stimulus Reporting Tool uses a portal to send stimulus incentive reports. The Reporting tool is used by EPs (Eligible Professionals) to generate, view, and send their reports in order to receive stimulus incentives.
Note: Think about security and who should have access to viewing these reports. Allscripts recommends providers, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants as EPs with possibility of residents and fellows.
1. Log into TWAdmin and select Admin from the VTB
2. Select the appropriate menu this VTB will be added to
3. Search for “stimulusreport” and add this
- More information and screen shots on Adding the Stimulus Reporting Tool: Add the Stimulus Reporting Tool
- More information on Stimulus Reporting: Stimulus Reporting Portal
Stimulus Reporting Admin Tool
This VTB is designed to be added to the menu VTB of those administrators who will be monitoring the stimulus reporting. These people can view any stimulus report within their organization.
1. Log into TWAdmin select the Admin VTB
2. Select Menus and the appropriate menu VTB you want to add this too
3. Search “stimulusadmin”
- More information and screen shots on Adding Stimulus Reporting Admin Tool: Add the Stimulus Reporting Admin Tool
- More information on Stimulus Reporting Admin Tool: Stimulus Reporting Portal
Note: For more information on menu building: Editing and Building Menus