Analytics Practice Problems
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains practice report ideas. These problems may mimic actual report requests or may just be exercises in building searches, worksheets, and crosstabs.
- Consider status fields for most searches. What types of status make sense to include?
- Build searches in pieces.
- Plan each part of the report before building. How will data be displayed? How will data be sorted?
- All patients with an encounter in the past month in which some type of diabetes was diagnosed during the encounter.
- Count of patients who have a smoking problem, sorted by provider. Provide a list of names, ages, sexes, and PCPs for patients of one provider.
- All patients who received an influenza immunization in the past 6 months, the immunization company, the provider who administered it, and the date of administration.
- Diabetics with the most recent A1C test value above 10, between 8 and 10, and below 8. Show each group as a percentage of total diabetics.
- List patients who actively take aspirin more than once per day.
- Hypertensive patients whose most recent blood pressure is above 150/100.
- Vital signs for patients who have had an appointment in the past 3 months.
- All active medications prescribed as schedule 3 controlled substances in the past two years, sorted by prescribing provider. Determine the number of unique patients receiving these drugs and whether any particular patient received more than 50% from any given provider.
- All patients who have had more than two encounters in Family Medicine in the past year. Show the patient name, PCP, attending provider, and appointment location and date.