Rotating Coverage Tasking
At New World Health, urgent care clinics have rotating provider coverage. As such, radiology tasks for orders originating at each clinic are worked by the providers based upon their coverage schedule.
To realize timely review of radiology results and reconciliation of corresponding tasks at urgent care clinics, it is undesirable to task the ordering provider as they might not be working at the urgent care clinic at the time the radiology order is resulted. Instead, a result verification worklist should be provided such that working tasks is a shared responsibility for providers covering at the urgent care clinic at the time the radiology order is resulted.
- If the corresponding order for the result originated in an Urgent Care clinic, task the corresponding Urgent Care provider with a verify results task
- If the corresponding order for the result did NOT originate in an Urgent Care clinic, task the ordering provider with a verify results task
- Create the faux providers as a user/provider in TWAdmin
- Yield access to the faux user/provider worklist to the urgent care clinic users
- Modify the interface mapping to parameter 98 - RoutingList - of FileResult_CMS to facilitate the aforementioned desired logic: