Upgrading ConnectR Message Definitions
ConnectR message definitions should always have separate entries for test and production. This means you should have a FilePatient_CMS message definition for Test and Production. It is a best practice to include the environment and version number in the message definition's description, e.g. Test - v11.2.
If you are upgrading a client and there are not separate entries
- Create a new Message Definition, copying from the existing Message Definition.
- Add the new Message Definition to the Test System Definition.
- Copy the existing mapping and paste it to the new Message Definition.
- Remove the old mapping.
- Remove the original Message Definition from the Test System Definition.
- Add the new fields to the new Message Definition.