Barriers To Learning
The Barriers To Learning dictionary holds a listing of different reasons why a patient may not be able to learn information presented. It corresponds to the education session dialogue. Enforced entries may only be inactivated, however new items can be added.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
- Display as drop down - Not currently functional
- Sequence - Determines which order the barriers to learning display in the education dialog session. If the same sequence number is used multiple times, the barriers display in alphabetical order.
- Allow additional text - Only available on nonenforced entries and allows for further text description or information related to the barrier.