Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Learning Preferences dictionary has options pertaining to how a patient prefers to receive educational information. There are six delivered and enforced entries in this dictionary.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the item in the future.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
- Display in dropdown - Not enabled
- Sequence - Determines the order in which the preferred educational methods display. If two methods have the same sequence then they will display in alphabetical order.
- Allow additional text - This option allows end users to add additional information as text