The Order Reason dictionary contains supplied and customer added entries used to describe reasons for referrals or follow up appointments orders. Examples include "Second opinion"; "Remove cast"; "Well child exam", etc. This dictionary is called from the detail dialog of referral and follow up orderable items.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.