The Additional Information dictionary holds a listing of questions, that can be attached to orders (Adding Additional Information Questions), to be answered as a part of that order. Please see Additional Information Configuration for guidance on creating and attaching these questions to orders. The questions can be set up in a variety of different ways (e.g. required or not required), and populating with default answers depending on the desired outcome and organization requirements.
Technical resources will refer to these as Additional Order Entries, or AOEs.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
- Detail Sections