The Report dictionary contains the lists of available reports.
- Code - The Code is a unique identifier that must be supplied. This is not displayed in the product and is used for identification purposes only.
- Name - This is the name that will appear for the end users in the EHR application. This should be unique to prevent confusion.
- Mnemonic - This is not required, but it used as a secondary identifier. This does not appear in the product and unless you have another use for it, the recommendation would be to make this the same as the code.
- Inactive - The inactive flag allows you to inactivate or hide an entry. If an item is inactivated, users would not have the ability to select the allergen in the future, although any patients with the allergen defined would remain viewable.
- Enforced - The enforced flag designates whether a dictionary item is required and cannot be changed. In most cases, this comes predefined by Allscripts and should not be selected for new entries. If an entry is enforced, it cannot be modified or inactivated.
There are many handy reports that can be utilized with in the TouchWorks EHR system. For example: Included is a Unsigned Note Report. This report can be run with a number of variables such as date range, provider, and document type. In general it is advisable to to restrict access to specific users based on their role in the organization. Individuals can be restricted to access individual reports or to entire report categories by assigning Security Codes. It is also advisable to run any report after clinic hours as there could be an impact on the overall speed of the system based on the size of the query.